Saturday, September 26, 2009

Behind

Yuppers, I'm way behind. BJ even emailed me to make sure everything was ok in our house - very sweet, and yes, we're all ok. Well, Jackson did have a little bout of pink eye, but it passed in a day or so. My father in law Carl is visiting from Buffalo for three weeks and we've been having fun hanging out with him, and enjoying the Colorado sunshine. That is, until last Monday when I had two full days of outdoor photoshoots planned and we were hit with our first snow of the season. And yes, it was back into the high 70's again today. Sigh. But the shoot was an incredible experience for me - about 90 kids photographed (indoors) for a local private school for their fall photoshoot. They wanted something a little different than the usual smiley-smile-posey-pose shots that most schools do. God bless them! And I was so thrilled to be able to have the opportunity. But it has also put me heads down in planning the shoot, doing the shoot, and now editing the shoot. I am so happy with how they are turning out and hope I can share some on my photo blog at some point. And the boys got extra time with Daddy and Grandpa while I was working (thanks Honey for taking the days off from your work and being a full-time-Daddy for those few days!). So with all that going on - plus school for Jackson, music class for Holden, and our usual running around, I've just been out of touch! Forgive!

And on that note, I do have a few pictures I took over a week ago around the house that I wanted to share. I've mentioned before how much I love our new house, and decorating it is a passion of mine to be certain. Here are just few shots of what I'm loving the most about this house that we are turning into a home. I'll try and be better about posting in the future!

Playroom wall finally finished- pictures I framed of the kiddos. These are huge! 11X16 pictures, and obviously bigger frames for matting. I think matting and big images are where it's at!
Apple clock I made. It was a plain, brown clock I found when we moved in. Painted it red and gave it a stem and a leaf. LOVE it. Goes with the playroom apple tree!
Holden's bedroom wall. The "H" is made from rope and a wire hanger. Stars and sign from my favorite junk'n store, The Barn.
Shelf on the other wall in Holden's room. The boots were Shawn's when he was little. The artwork is by my friend Joe - I bid on it at Kyra's auction. Love it!
My wall of black and whites. I actually shot only a few of these, the rest are done by photographers I greatly admire.
Dresser in our bedroom, finally accessorized. It's just taken me a long time to figure it out. You can't see the dresser though so I guess this image is sort of pointless.
Lamp in our bedroom. The black shades I love and got for $1 each at a garage sale. Score! The lamps are Target and turn on by touch - LOVE that! There is NOT a pearl "S" on Shawn's side, just mine is glammed up. Oh, and the walls are pale yellow, like the image above, but they are showing up green here...blech!
Kitchen. New sign. It's not really old. I heart Hobby Lobby. Oh yeah, I painted this. Can't you tell?! Ha! In my office 'cause no one else will take it. It makes me happy.
Sigh...my beautiful new chandy in my office. This was my little reward to myself after doing the wedding I shot this summer. It is real purty with my toile valance and peg board. Mom made the valance, I made the peg board. I love my office.
Entry hall - the old window I found at a flea market, hooks at a junk store, hat is mine I bought for our honeymoon in Tahoe 8 years ago, and the beautiful antique console and Tiffany lamp were given to us by Shawn's Aunt Janis who passed away this summer. It makes me smile and think of her every time I pass it by.
I heart chalkboards! This is in our kitchen. I use it to write out grocery lists or weekly menus or notes to the fam -- or I keep track of fiber count as I'm back on the Best Life diet. Yeah, I guess that's a bit personal but there you have it. Did you know the average adult needs 25 grams of fiber every day and most adults barely get 7??!
My Granny's copper jello mold and copper star cookie cutter. I brought them back with me from Texas during the last visit. Shawn brought that BHG cookbook into our marriage, if you can believe it, and it is very well loved.
Stairway - my framed pictures. Both of these images were taken here in Castle Rock outside The Barn.

Me. I cut all my hair off for reals this time. It's a terrible self portrait but there you have it!

4 comments:

jimbroome said...

Great pictures, Amy. You are BUSY!
Love ya
OP

Clover said...

Your house looks fabulous! And so does your hair! :) Keep on keepin' on girl. You've got a full plate!

Anonymous said...

What CAN'T you do? Amazing! LOVED seeing some of your house. Not at all surprised at how gifted you are at making a home. Your hair ROCKS!
--CAR

Nori said...

I love the apple clock, the rope H and the window with the wreath on it! Great ideas! Your window got me thinking about what I want to do in my office at work... thank you!!!