Sunday, November 15, 2009

It is ON!

We have had a day of potty training success! I subscribe to the "wait until they are ready" school of thought for potty training -- or potty readiness, as our pedi calls it. I've been asking Holden for months now if he wanted to wear big boy underwear, and every day he says no. I say fine and move on. His underwear is ready. Treats are ready. I have even promised to buy him a zoo if he gives up diapers (a toy zoo, mind you...) Today, for some reason, he said yes to the underwear. So it was on. He has successfully used the potty 6 times, including twice with...well, I don't need to get too graphic, but hooray, the boy pooped on the potty, too! Thus far, knock wood, only one accident today. I'm ready to leap into this wholeheartedly 'cause I am SICK OF BUYING DIAPERS!!! Seriously. And come on, he's 3 now, let's get this party moving. I admit to having a pretty easy time potty-training Jackson. When he was ready, he went full force and never looked back. I'm so crossing my fingers that Holden will follow suit...stay tuned...

1 comment:

Drama queens mum (Kimberly) said...

Hi. Cute blog. My daughter is 27 months old. I'm dreading potty training.