Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mom and Me


Mom recently came up for her annual Halloween visit - she comes up several times a year (thank you Mom!) but Halloween has become a tradition. She spends Thanksgiving in Dallas (where Kimi and fam live), Christmas in hometown of Lubbock (where Debbie and fam live) and Halloween here. I love it. She gets to see the boys all dressed up and excited for the day. She gets to be here for Holden's birthday (which I also love -thank you Mom!). She gladly stays at home to pass out treats so Shawn and I can take the boys out trick-or-treating. It is a week of festivities and planning between birthday and trick or treating, and a perfect chance for a Colorado visit. This year I treated Mom to tea at The Brown Palace as a thank you for all her help while she was here. She helps me a ton with the boys, and Shawn and I usually get a date night or two (or three!) in when she's here, too. We had a lovely time at tea - something she and I adore doing. I love the sweet formality of it. I love dressing up. I love pouring and tasting and stirring and chatting. I love remember my own time serving tea at Fortnum and Mason in London. I love my Mom. This is us heading out for our afternoon. My husband is many, many wonderful things, but honey, these were some crazy blurry shots (love you love you love you though!!). But it still captured mom and me in all our finery, smiling and ready for some clotted cream and Darjeeling. Thanks again Mom for all you are, all you do, putting up with me, and loving my family so. We love you, and we hope to see you again soon!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Ohhhhhhh, scones and clotted cream. Yum! And for me, a nice cuppa Earl Grey.