Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sisters


Today is my "baby" sister's birthday. Happy Birthday Kimi!! 33. Surely she won't mind me divulging that since she's 3 years younger than me, and 6 years younger than our older sister. Kimi is the one in the middle in this picture. Debbie is to her right. This was taken this past summer during our visit to Texas for Holden's Baptism and Mom's knee surgery. I don't see either of my sisters often enough. Usually just once a year, sometimes twice. We have families and jobs and commitments that keep us from seeing each other as often as we'd like. But that doesn't keep them away from my thoughts and my heart. We are all three as different as can be. But we also have similarities - Debbie and Kimi are both teachers and love to shop. Debbie and I both have small children who keep us busy and crazy, respectively. Kimi and I both have a fondness for vino (ok, we have more in common than that, but that stands out). We all love to eat, and we strive for bargains - I attribute that to our Grandma Broome. Oh, and did I mention both of my sister's are totally smarty-pants and are both pursuing their Master's degrees right now (yeah, guess who the black sheep of the family is...)?? I am beyond proud of them for pursuing this enrichment to themselves and to their careers. So I thought I'd give a little shout out to my awesome sisters on our little sister's 33rd birthday. I love you gals. And feel so lucky to have grown up with you both, and to call you not just my sisters but also my friends. xoxo

5 comments:

Kimi said...

AWWWW...thanks Amy! Happy New Year and I love you!

Tales from the Crib said...

what are you doing awake at 5am!?!? Get some rest, you have to par-tay tonight! xo

jimbroome said...

Amy, that was a GREAT commentary. I am so proud of all 3 of you(along with all your families).

Debbie said...

What a sweet post! Love you both. We need to plan a just us girls weekend or week or something once I finish this "endeavor". No kidding, what are you doing up at 5 am. Happy New Year!

Tales from the Crib said...

Yes! Let's celebrate both of you when you have those degrees in hand!!