Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Crib No More

Big boy changes at our house. I may have to change the name of my blog because there is no longer a "CRIB" in my home!! Holden is now in a big boy bed, complete with 3 pillows (he's very excited about the 3 pillows) and cowboy sheets. Wowsas, how did that happen?? I feel like it was about a week ago that Shawn and I hit the Baby Burlington in Shoreline and picked out our sweet, simple, pine crib for baby-boy#1. I loved it then and I love it now. But it is in pieces in the spare room, waiting for me to list it on Craig's list. Yeah, I'm selling it. I'm not so sentimental that I need to keep the crib around for posterity's sake. I'm not one for clutter if I can help it.

So little man H is sleeping in his awesome new bed - it is sweet and simple and pine, but NOT a crib. It is a big boy bed! I promised him I'd make him a tent canopy since big brother has a loft bed, and he deserves a little something special as well. I'm still working on figuring out how to make that. I've got plans a-brew'n though!

And I should add - he is also diaper free day AND night! So he's in a big boy bed, sans diapers, and he's rock'n it! So proud of him. So in shock that my days of lifting a sweet smelling baby out of a snuggly crib are over. But I totally love snuggling up on Holden's new bed, reading him bedtime stories. It is sweet and simple...and quite magical.

No comments: