Saturday, March 27, 2010

Everything's Coming up Roses

One $9 bundle of pale pink spray roses = 7 delightful nosegays spread throughout my house
LOVE!

(click to enlarge)

We got yet another winter storm last night. I'm defying it by purchasing flowers for myself. A small bundle with loads of potential. I love love love fresh flowers. Once upon a time we had fresh flowers in our house almost daily. Our weeds in Seattle were even beautiful, and yes, I put them in vases. Then came children. And life got busy. And fresh flowers gave way to juice boxes and sleepovers and playdates. But I got a bee in my bonnet this week and splurged. I immediately scoured my cupboards for my saved up vases. I'm not into anything big or fancy, just tiny little containers that would look sweet. I used a teapot that I bought when I lived in London in the hall. A very patina'd silver vase in my bathroom. An empty spice jar in the kitchen. Another empty spice jar in my office. An empty beverage bottle in the bedroom (say that 10 times fast). And tiny, aubergine tealight holders for my dining room Easter display. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to walk into the various rooms in the house and seem these lovelies staring back at me. Happiness.

No comments: