Saturday, March 20, 2010

Granny's Quilt


Growing up, this quilt (the one the precious sleeping child is snuggled up under), and its pair, adorned the guest room at my Granny's house. We girls would argue over who got the "bouncy bed" and who got the "soft" bed. But both had these beautiful quilts on them that my Granny made. We flipped on those beds and made tents with the quilts, us three girls and our cousins. They are a constant reminder to me of the great times we had at my Granny's house when I was a kid.

I'm not sure I remember how they ended up in my hands. I think when I moved to Seattle they found their way to me because it was so cold there. But I'm thankful they did. And now there is one in each boys' room. Never mind that they have flowers on them. They don't care. They love them. So do I. They keep them warm, and warm my heart.

As for the sleeping babe, he fell asleep on the couch during his cousins' visit. He was zonked. I covered him up, to keep him warm.

No comments: