Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Oh, hello sunshine...

Holden, the sun kicked in today. At last. It was warm enough for us to drink it in. So after your "mini-school" today (45 minutes once a week) we stopped by the park that is connected to the rec center. You ran. You climbed. You slid down the twirly-whirly slide. You grinned from ear to ear and so did I. 'Cause it feels like about forever since we were able to be outside playing. I've missed it. You've missed it.

It is harder on you now that Jackson is in school full time. Mommy has to do mommy stuff like laundry, cleaning, cooking, and yes, even some photography stuff (but I do try to save that for the evenings)...but that leaves you by your lonesome trying to have fun. And that just isn't fun for you. You whine for Daddy (who is by and far wayyyy more fun that I am). You whine for Jackson (who is by and far wayyyy-wayyyy more fun that I am). Then you whine for me and I try to manage it all. I can't always fill the gaps. But today I did. In the sunshine. At the park...

I caught you talking to yourself. You were playing pretend and having a conversation with somebody. I don't know who. But you were animated and chatting as you climbed the ladders and whooshed down slides. I loved watching you be so content and so happy. I'm sorry it isn't always easy being the only kiddo at home. I hope this big old shiny sun will stick around for awhile so we can park-hop and make new friends -- or just play pretend in the big old wonderful, great outdoors!

No comments: