Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thrifty Canvases


**Post Script: October 8 2012** I have had so many emails about this project, as well as posts, that I thought I'd try and answer some of your questions.  Thank you so much for all the nice comments and posts!  I am sorry I'm just now getting an update - please note I don't keep up with this blog any longer as my photography business is now full time - you can check out my photography blog at: www.cribtalesphotography.com
OK, here we go...
1. dimensions - several people asked about the dimensions of my portraits.  If you click on the image below that shows my scaled down print out you will see the dimensions of each portrait.  The largest is 24X20, the smallest are 4X6, there are a few 8X8's and 5X5
2. I've not tried modge podge but I have seen other sites that try it with success; maybe try it with a smaller less expensive photo first
3. Two years later my prints are still in pretty good shape.  The edges are starting to peel up so I will probably need to re-glue them soon, but no one really notices that but me. If I were to do it again I'd probably get the larger ones pre-mounted on styrene via my current print house, White House Custom Color.  That would cost a bit more but eliminate the peeling issue.  These really don't gather dust because they are hung on a wall so there's nothing for dust to cling to really.  I live in Colorado so dust is a factor typically.
4. My pillows - yea, they're not the prettiest pillows ever.  I've since changed them out and the room has tones of pink, green, and red.   Yes, someone told me how ugly my pillows were.
5. The portraits are glued onto the fabric side of the wrapped canvas. The ugly side faces the wall. I've had no issues at all with them coming unattached from the wall.  Yet...
6. The black fabric is just inexpensive, thin cotton black fabric.  It has very little "give" - you don't want a jersey fabric because it would pull and be thinned out.
7. The styro is the pink insulation stuff at Lowe's.  I've used the white stuff for projects as well and it works fine.  I used the white stuff covered in fabric to make large but light backdrops.  :-)

I think I covered all the main questions I've received. Thanks for the additional tips various posters have shared!  I hope this project brings you the joy it has brought me.  Two years and I still smile every time I walk in the room.  Bonus, I now have a small studio in my house and these portraits now serve as a showcase of my work.  And one other funny story - we had a holiday party last year and a friend brought her husband whom I'd never had over before.  He walked in my family room and immediately said "Hey, I've seen you on Pinterest!" Nicest thing anyone could say to me!

Cheers!
Amy

********************************************************************


I love the look of large portrait canvases in a room. They are personal, elegant and tell a story that no piece of store-bought art could ever do. They are also very expensive. Shhh...don't tell my clients this, I would like very much if they all ordered canvas portraits. Lots of them. But I'm also realistic. To do a wall of canvases such as I imagine, would cost me a small fortune. And since I am a part-time photographer and full-time mommy/homemaker, that does not fit in our budget. But I knew I could come up with an inexpensive "thrifty" way to get the same look for a lot less.

This little project combines 3 of my greatest joys in life: photography, thrifty home decor, and my family. Trifecta!! Here's how I did it:

supplies:
*several large print images - I used Bay Photo for printing- they are amazing! But they are a professional printer so as an alternative I do recommend Mike's Camera or another camera store that focuses specifically on photography.  I also highly suggest lustre or matte, never glossy. Don't skimp on photo printing if you are going large format. Go big or go home, that's my motto!
*layout of what you want your design to be (see below images for an idea)
*large pieces of custom cut insulation foam
*enough inexpensive black fabric to "wrap" each of the pieces of foam
*spray adhesive
*staples and duct tape
*adhesive Velcro
*level and ruler

ok - here we go...

I first toyed with using MDF. But I knew this would be way too heavy for my wall. So I scoured the Home Depot and found this pink insulation foam stuff. I asked the HD guy if it was ok to cut and glue on this surface. He said yes. He also said I could paint it, but that turned out to not be the best option since it warped the foam. I'll get to that in a minute. I had the nice HD guy cut my larger pieces for me. He would not cut anything smaller than 12 inches. I cut those at home with a razor blade. We tried using our circular saw but it dented the foam.

foam pieces cut to size:

Next up was giving the foam a canvas-y look. As I said, I thought about just painting the edges black but that warped the foam and was messy. I decided to just wrap them in inexpensive black fabric, sort of like a present. The only part of this fabric that will show is the edge. I wanted it to sort of blend into the background but still pop on the wall.

Here I am stapling the fabric to the foam. That was easy. Notice that is a plain stapler.
More stapling, and a view of the thickness of the foam. I just wrapped it like a present, doing my best to insure that I got the sharpest corners possible.

I then decided to use some good old fashioned duct tape just to further secure the staples. Elegant - no. Sturdy - yes.
Here are all my canvases, and a "peek" at one already complete

Next step - I sprayed heavy duty adhesive spray onto the front of each "canvas"
Next step - I don't have a picture of it. But I just placed each print onto the sticky canvas and rubbed it with a very soft cloth (my t-shirt) to get it to adhere. This was really easy, too.

Here are all the lovely big ones ready to go...
My little canvases - aren't the cute!
Keep'n it real - this is what my boys did while I was gluing
My laid out design with measurements. I wanted it to be centered on our family room wall. You can get a glimpse of what my sizes were for my images if you click on this picture. The largest print was 20x24. The smallest were 4x6's.

I used double sided Velcro to adhere the canvases to the wall. They are SO light. I probably could have used any of a number of sticky-type-stuff to hang it, but I settled on Velcro. That way if I want to change out my canvases can just take them down and put new ones up, like a rotating gallery. Plus this made it easier to make sure everything was nice and level. I followed my measurements above for hanging. And used a level and a ruler to insure every image hung perfectly. Tada!


This is the view into the playroom from the family room. Ignore that ugly lamp and shade, we're working on our lighting in this room.
Can I tell you how much I totally LOVE this project. LOVE it. It turned out just as I pictured it (har har!), and though there was some trial and error, it was fairly stress free. It was also less than the price of one canvas for me to get 13!! The prints came up at just over $100. I would only use a very trusted printer to do images this large. Smugmug rocks. I had it printed on lustre paper which gives it a bit of sheen but also does not show fingerprints like glossy. The other costs include: glue - $8; fabric - $5; Velcro - $12; pink foam - $10. I also bought black paint that I didn't end up using but since I have a thing for black painted furniture, I'm sure it will get used somewhere else (and somewhere my sweet and uber-patient-husband is grumbling about this comment...).

That is it! I think this project gave me more satisfaction than just about anything else we've done on the house. It is very personal to me. In fact selecting the images I wanted to use took the better part of a weekend. The rest was cake. I love it!Thanks for reading!

121 comments:

mindyrn said...

SOOOOO amazing!

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness - this is great! Good job, crafty mama!

Vanessa said...

That is wonderful! I am soooo stealing your idea. Thank you!

Tales from the Crib said...

Thank you! I'm really pleased (can you tell) with how it turned out! I know I will gaze upon it with fondness on those days when my kids are being total stinkers ;-)

Centsational Girl said...

Those are incredible ! They look like a million dollars - great tips on how to get an expensive look at an inexpensive price 1

So fab !
xoxo
Kate

Tales from the Crib said...

Thank you Kate - I'm so happy you stopped by. I adore your blog - you inspire me daily!

Clover said...

Hello! Brilliant! Stealing this...

I've had pretty good luck printing large format at Costco. FYI. They do up to 12 X 18 in store, and if you go bigger than that I am pretty sure it's shutterfly or snapfish that actually prints it. And it's cheap! $2.99 for a 12 X 18.

Scott and Christi said...

Wow...WOw...WOW!!! Sooooo creative! We LOVE it! You are so talented!

Lisa said...

You amaze me dear friend! You have such talent and creativity. Oh......and a BEAUTIFUL family too! Lots of love!

Lisa M.

zjoeynosmom said...

I love this project too!! I am now inspired:) Great work, girl!

ECHeasley said...

Well I know what I'm doing in the sunroom when we're done. If I can stuff the walls with foamular why not hang it on the walls right? Sure there's plenty laying around.

FYI Vanessa you are soooo in trouble for not telling me you finally started a blog you punk!

Low Tide High Style said...

I love this, your canvas wall looks amazing! I was just thinking about turning some of my photos in to artwork, thanks so much for telling me about smugmug!

Kat :)

Jenna said...

Just gorgeous!

Karissa said...

This is fabulous!! Thank you so much for posting! I can't wait to get started on mine!!

Tales from the Crib said...

thanks all for stopping by!

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

I LOVE this! I too love large cavas prints but can't force myself to pay that as much as I like to update my pictures.

Thanks so muchfor sharing.

Jen said...

That looks spectacular! Thanks for sharing it and for giving a tutorial for it.

Kristen Duke Photography said...

absolutely LOVE this idea!!!

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Absolutely beautiful! I have used that foamy stuff for a memo board in our office -- love it! This is stunning.

Beth said...

Love it and may steal it ;)
Castle Rock is where my Grandparents lived there for like ever on S. Gulch Lake Rd. My uncle and cousins still live there. Small world. I love Castle Rock!

Summer Jo said...

This is so awesome! I cannot wait to get started!

Kelli said...

I found your tutorial and seeing now that the canvases you did are about a year old. Before I tackle this myself, I'm wondering how they have held up for you?

Dana said...

Just letting you know I linked to this post. I know it's old news on your blog, but I loved your creativity and wanted to pass on your tutorial. Here's my info. if you'd like to see the post. makethemwonderblog.blogspot.com
Posting in the morning so it won't be up until then!

Annamaria said...

I just tried out your canvas idea on an 8x10 of my 3 boys and it turned out great! Cant wait to do more of them! Thank you so much for this idea!

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

So, you printed them black and white, right? I just bought some art canvases from Michaels, and I"m assuming I could do pretty much the same things with them as you did with the foam board? What are your thoughts?

Tales from the Crib said...

Sorry I'm just responding, I just saw the new additions! A year later they've held up really well. The only thing I wish I'd done is ordered the prints mounted on very thin board from my printer. That would have been better for gluing down. Occasionally I take a soft cloth and smooth the edges back down because that area gets a lot of sun and I think the sun sort of softens the glue. But they haven't come loose or anything, just a few of the edges and only noticeable by me.

Yes, you can use pre-bought canvases too. I did some for a friend that way and they look amazing. She added them in with true canvas prints and they look great together. Thanks everyone!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Amy, Val and Gange said...

This looks like a blast. I have always wanted to have canvas pics but they are way out of budget so I look forward to using this Idea. Can't wait and thanks for sharing!!

susy said...

Awesome, thanks for sharing. This has come at the exact right time. We are due to move soon and will have to rent for a few months so being able to personalise the walls without too much weight will be great.

Wendy said...

Today I am putting photos onto canvas w/ mod podge. This will be my first time ever doing crafts..lol..however this looks like it might be a little cheaper. Canvas is expensive, I just so happen to get a deal on the at Hobby Lobby this past weekend. Next project I am doing this for sure :)

Anonymous said...

I'm SO inspired! What an awesome idea!!!

Lindsey @ The Hill House said...

Awesome! I love how they look!! I have a wall that this would be perfect on...I think I know what I'll be working on soon! Thank you for the instructions.

Anonymous said...

I have some amazing native American ruins and dancer photos I wanted to canvas but can't afford. They are so spiritually important to me and it has been bothering me so much not having them on the wall. Now I can! Thank you!

yennie said...

Is there a safe way to take off the pics from the canvas with all these glues? I will be ordering some expensive professional prints and am not sure I should glue it onto the canvas but it will kill my budget big time if I order them canvas style!!! I am a stay at home mom with limited budget.

DeLynn said...

You did such a nice job on this. Someday I am going to do this for my basement! Thanks for sharing.

April said...

Wow! Love how easy this is ;D Found it via Pinterest & giving it a try after the holidays! Thanks

Jessica said...

LOVE this idea...thanks for sharing.

Sandra said...

Absolutely amazing - it looked so complicated to do, but following your step by step instructions makes it so easy, I cant wait to take some new family photos and making my own personal wall .... thankyou so much for sharing this with us

Anonymous said...

love this! question...when you ordered your prints did you go for, glossy, matte, or the lustre? thanks!

Bo said...

What mega pixel is ur camera. Really wanna try this I have a huge wall that needs something :)

Willow said...

Absolutely love it!
I am getting ready to move and am going to do this for sure - I would love it if you gave the size of ea. print so I could copy the layout and and save time. Is that possible? Thanks! Lynne

Heather said...

This is genious!

Sunny said...

Great job! Found u from Pinterest. We use the insulation for set designs all the time. You can't use spray paint, but wall paint works great!

Lindsay said...

Hey! I just copied your idea and made these;) but sadly, the spray adhesive I used turned my pictures yellow:( any suggestions on what kind to use?

gavinphotographysomd said...

Ok, so not only do i LOVE your idea and your SmugMug choice (i have my photography website through them,) but also LOVE your wood floors! i bet a million dollars those are "tobacco road" handscraped solid hardwoods from lumber liquidators?

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Just had my first grandson. Will be doing this. Thank you for posting!!

Tales from the Crib said...

Oh fun, lots of comments to respond to:

1. My Glue that I used is Aleen's Crystal Clear, Acid Free Spray. My pictures have not yellowed so my guess is the acid free is the important part
2. I always get my prints done in Lustre.
3. The camera I used for this is 12 mega pixels.
4. I haven't tried to remove the pictures from the "canvases" so I don't know exactly how to do that. I don't want to try it because I don't want to ruin my pictures. You could try a small one - maybe just with a 4x6 you have on hand that you aren't afraid to ruin.
5. the hardwoods in our house were here when we bought the house so I don't know what they are, but they are the first thing I fell in love with when we saw the house! :-)

Thanks for all the great questions!
Amy

Luan said...

Thank you for sharing! I'm so excited about this. I have been researching for quite some time on how to do my own pics on canvas at a fraction of the cost of just one. No need to look further and you definitely can't go wrong with SmugBug!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to do this! However, with having four sons, it will cost me much more than 100 bucks for the prints...and I have sooo many favorite photos! Which ones to use is going to be a chore.

Thanks so much for the idea!!

Pregnant With #3 said...

this is AMAZING. Thanks so much, I am going to be doing this. My next project ;-)

Anna said...

I've seen another way of doing canvas prints and this by printing a photo on a napkin taped to a A4 sheet of paper (to get it through the printer) and than glue it on canvas. Similar to napkin glueing. I've printed the first photo already. Need to buy a canvas for it. Will post it when finished.

Anonymous said...

Because of the light weight and velcro mounting, these would be perfect for fabric covered cubicle walls at work too !

sarahyoga said...

"Sorry I'm just responding, I just saw the new additions! A year later they've held up really well. The only thing I wish I'd done is ordered the prints mounted on very thin board from my printer. That would have been better for gluing down"

Is this an available option on Smug mug? I don't see it? What do they call it?
Thanks! I can't wait to try this project!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea that I have to try! Using velcro to hang them is very useful for a person who lives in a rental and hesitant to hang things!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

WOW this is amazing. I love this idea. Thank you so much for sharing. I was thinking for the smaller prints to use scrapbooking paper to cover the sides to give it more color/design.

Ashley W said...

You know what works AMAZING for cutting foam? A meat knife! (The electric knife)..works great

Anonymous said...

I had a really hard time getting the foam square on the sides for a finished look. How did you do it?

Anonymous said...

Hey this looks amazing!! I was literally going to order canvas tomorrow morning but now am going to attempt this. I just was wondering if its hard to get the corners to stay down?

Mona Khan said...

what are the dimensions of the photo canvases?

Anonymous said...

OK, totally did this, love it. I didn't use fabric, I used Black duct tape and just taped the edges and did box folds for the corners, looks awesome. Found a spray adhesive that does work on foam and went nuts! SO MUCH FUN! THANK YOU, It cost me 49 dollars for 6 huge pics, 4 16x20 and 2 18x12, prints were 32 and the remaining goods were 17.

juicyfruitgirl said...

This is so adorable, I just love it :)

terrijomom said...

just found this via pinterest! fabulous! i wonder how good the "engineering drawings" from staples would be...i know you don't skip on the pics. less expensive than snapfish. what type of black material did you use? they all vary so in weight. thanks for posting! <3!

kassy said...

Hey I am also doing this, have bought everything and just wondering what you cut the insulation with? and what kind of fabric you used...?

Christa said...

Love this idea. Trying to figure out where I have space to do such a collage. I shared your idea on my blog at:
http://controllingcraziness.blogspot.com/2012/01/inspiration-for-weekend-3.html
Thanks for DIY-ing and posting your tips.

Jamie said...

I LOVE your canvas photos on the wall.. it's gorgeous. You did such a great job. I couldn't help but feature this on my new frugal home decor blog here:

http://frugal-home-design.blogspot.com/2012/01/inspiration-and-ideas-decorating-with.html

Thank you so much for sharing!

Melissa M. Phillips said...

This seems like an awesome idea. I've GOT to try it. Thanks for the idea!

Chris H said...

This is great! Have you tried using Black Foamboard for the backing? As a graphic designer, I have to use foam board to matte my projects all the time and something like this http://www.dickblick.com/products/elmers-black-foamboard/ may save even more time.

Jayme said...

Such a cool idea! I am trying this tomorrow. I am going to try the pre-made canvas instead of foam since Michaels has them on sale. Do I need a different type of spray glue then what you used on fabric? What size were your little square pictures (not the 4x6's)? Thanks!

Annette said...

I love this idea! Your wall looks great!

Kassie said...

I have a few canvas' I want to hang, but not stretch. There isnt room for stretching. I was wondering if I could use this same idea even though they are not prints but actual canvas.

Pam Tivner said...

Beautiful, I have 21 photos of a California Sunset that I want to put on canvas, but always thought it would be too difficult. Thank you for sharing this project.

Anne Kline said...

You did a great job on this. The collection of pictures adds such a personal touch to your room!

Michelle said...

LOVE this! I too am a part-time professional photographer and a full-time Mom of 4 kids. I have SOOOOOO many large prints and not nearly enough frames... this is totally the solution for me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Seesa said...

Thank you so much for sharing this!! I love it and I'm going to try!! Hopefully mine turn out as beautiful as yours!!

pandykat said...

Absolute the bomb!

Scooby said...

Wow!!! Can't wait to try it! And the best part is the low cost!!!
Thank you so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Have the perfect spot! Can you share the dimensions? I can't quite read them on the photo above. That'd be very helpful! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

did you use smugmug.com because the link takes us to a photography site not a printing site.

Anonymous said...

Nice!!!

Kristi said...

This is amazing! You are SO creative! Thank you so much for sharing your idea!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool...I will be doing this. Thank you for the idea and your humorous dialogue : )

Anonymous said...

Great job. I too am a photo want to be. What a great way to display what you do.

Anonymous said...

What size thickness foam did you use?

Has anyone done this in colored fabric my mother is wanting to use old colored pic on dark brown fabric and just checking to see how it would look?

Anonymous said...

Just finished my project using these directions and my pictures look great! I used 3/4" foam from Lowes and Krylon spray adhesive. My photos are in color so I used white "monks cloth" which has a nice texture and looks like a canvas. Folding the corners was a bit tricky due to the fabric bulk, but by the time I got to the end of the 15 photos I used, they looked fairly smooth. Costco did an amazing job on the enlargements. Thanks for posting these detailed directions. THANKS PINTEREST...my huge blank wall is now a show-stopper!

Trattoria da Martina said...

Great! I like it so much!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Thanks.
One question: how do you handle dust collecting on the print? Or is this a room where only very little dust collects?
Thanks, Best regards,
Sohan

blueberryford said...

This is absolutely amazing! Talk about inspiration. I've been wanting something like this for a very long time, but as you stated it's rather pricey to have them done! And the step by step instructions.......so perfect!

My day feels complete now! :)
Thank you for sharing!

Katherine said...

Hi, thank you so much for this detailed info, I can't wait to do this to my den wall. Can you let me know the exact dimensions of each photo?

Ashley said...

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Ken said...

Very cool! And thank you for the detailed instructions. I've been wanting to do this, but the expense for a pro to do it was a bit much. I sometimes come up with good ideas, but it's my wife who is pretty good with crafts so I'll enlist her help.
Thanks again!

Ken - www.1dustytrack.com

Jaime said...

These are great! I will be trying this for my living room!! The canvas print I wanted (one pic split into 3) was almost $200! I will try this first!! SO happy I found you! Thank you Pinterest!! =)

V_W said...

amazing!!! great job.

Anonymous said...

Ok this may have been addressed already and I do see that you have a pic of your dimensions but how big are your larger pics? I know you said the small ones are 4x6, correct? Thanks for sharing this idea! I have always wanted canvas pics but they are way too expensive. This is a wonderful alternative! Thanks again!!

stacy morrison said...

that expensive but it is looking so good, great photography and nice photo collection, i like Thrifty Canvases most kids looking so cute in black in white prints, nice blog posting, and i just want to say thanks for sharing your thoughts.


canvas art

http://www.elementalcheapness.com said...

Excellent! I am a photographer too and am always looking for ways to mount photos without frame. I've tried using foam boards before but the raw foam edge has been problematic, never thought about covering the whole thing. May try incorporating this with my experiments in printing on fabric, I could print a photo on fabric with black edge, then wrap whole thing onto board. Hmmmm

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I'm not the DIY type of perso, but I would definitely try this!!

Vidya said...

Wowwww... Lovely & amazing. I just could not leave your site without commenting. Hats off to you! You are incredibly talented and very sweet of you to share your ideas. Thanks very much for the details.

brittany colburn said...

hey so just gonna ask if u used basic pictures or if its like a paper copy or something i didnt wana try my picts from a profesh and mess it up thanks loved ur blog!:)

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! I've gone back and forth, from wood, and actual canvas... I'm always nervous! I think I like your take the best! Though, I have a few questions.
I apologize if you've answered these already, there's almost 100 comments so, I'll admit I didn't read them all.
First, would it hurt anything to modpoge these? Like in place of the adhesive? I have that on hand. Knowing that the photographs will be exposed, makes me nervous. You never know what might happen. A splash here, a wet dog shake there... the list could get rather long. Could I use modpodge to seal them? Over time, did they dust, or discolor without any protection? My house is a dust magnet. I'd want to be able to clean them up without harming the pictures.
Second, Where did you have your prints made? I've been using Wallgreen's (A local drug store), and I'm appalled at the quality. You're prints look amazing! There's so many options online, I'm not really sure where to start.
Third, do you know what the insulation stuff was called? I want to know where to look at Lowes.
Thanks so much for posting this! You have a beautiful home, and some very handsome young men!

Kristin huds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hello, this is a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Forgive me for this dumb question but I am DIY-challenged...which side did you put the prints on, the side with the black fabric, or the duct tape side? The fabric, right?

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Your work is truly beautiful.
Lowe's sells a green foam insulation that doesn't
warp when painted-it has like a clear sealant on it. and hobby lobby sells a foam cutter specifically for this stuff! It's like a hot wire that cuts through this like butter! It seals the edges and keeps them from warping too! We use this method at school all the time for projects :)

Pam Vienneau said...

Moving into an old house with plaster walls. This is a great idea for that too. Don't need a lot of holes in the walls for plaster to come falling down. :-)

Hcg Mommy said...

oh my! oh MYYYYYYYYYYY!! I have seen other tutorials on doing Canvases and this one is the BOMB! Much easier than the others by far! WAY far! Thank you thank you!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!

If you ever want to purchase any prints please let me know. Best quality, $15 for 8x10, $25 for 16x20 plus BOGO 50% off and free shipping!

Jeff Walker
Unique Creations Embroidery
facebook.com/UCEshop

Tharami said...


wellcome to Large Canvas Prints selection of Canvas art, giclee and canvas prints for a cheap price. Our Art is Better than GOOD

Inspiring Imagery said...

Love the prints! They look brilliant.

terry murphy said...

I would only use a very trusted printer to do images this large. Smugmug rocks. I had it printed on lustre paper which gives it a bit of sheen but also does not show fingerprints like glossy.

Kristin huds said...

Every person want to buy a canvas print in low cost, and they always wait for a cheaper plan, and they don't get attractive products to cheaper plan, you have added very nice tutorial for making a thrifty canvas print. i just want to say thanks for sharing the tutorial.

stretched canvas prints online

terry murphy said...

Very nice suggetion here you are provide it's awesome

george Stlouismo said...

You have such a unique and beautiful point of view. Your photos are as lovely as ever..
large photo prints

stuhr727 said...

Great job! One of the most informative DIY tutorial's I've seen. A cool way to transform your print is by adding some acrylic paint and a few brush strokes. You can either paint the entire print or a portion - either way it gives a very unique look.

Photo to Canvas

Cherisse said...

Have you tried doing colored prints or is it best to do black and white?

Tiara said...

Cool!

Karyn said...

This is a really cool idea! I guess the foam doesn't sag or anything. I'm thinking of trying this out myself. Thanks for posting.

NYC Framing artists said...

Soooo. A M A Z I N G, B E A U T I F U L & B R I L L I A N T framing idea. Your child are indeed too sweet. Greetings!

Steve Allen said...

Excellent art work. Thanks for share your tutorial. I have always wanted to get into printing on canvas. It's a nice information about the Attractive Canvas Prints. Thanks …. I’m hoping there will be more posts.Great information.You really did a great job on posting.

Aaron Carter said...

I love the way these turned out. I have been thinking about doing the same thing with my pictures. Thanks so much for posting the process.

Aaron | http://onaprint.com.au

Business Portraits Scotland said...

This is so creative, i am amazed to see this kind of stuff.Great job and great work.

Ethan Smith said...

Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
More here used hotel furniture

Baby Strollers said...

Aww!! So many cute baby products are here.. I am definitely gonna buy one of your strollers and if I like them, maybe a feeder or two Baby Crib store.

More Baby Crib store Information Visit My Site

Baby Crib store.