Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Turkey Mac

A few things.

First. I made this last night with ingredients I had on hand. How awesome is that? Very. It was yummy. The boys did not eat one single bit. I ate two bowls worth. My scale was down 2 lbs this morning. Coincidence? I think not.

Turkey Rice Soup with Tomotaoes

A turkey rice soup recipe for the crockpot, with tomatoes, carrots, celery, and cooked turkey.

Ingredients:

  • 4 cups turkey broth, or chicken
  • 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1/2 cup diced or matchstick carrots
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup rice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt or less if using purchased broth
  • 1 to 2 cups diced cooked turkey
  • (I added a liberal dash of poultry seasonings, a bit more Kosher salt, and a lot of ground pepper.)

Preparation: In a crockpot or slow cooker, combine turkey broth with tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, rice, and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. Add the diced turkey; cover and cook an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Second. I have a new baby and his name is Mac. He is precious. I love him. My husband thinks I'm crazy for personifying an inanimate object. He doesn't have "womanly" hormones so he can think that. I know that the love in my heart is real. And I thank him for getting it for me. I love him, too. Shawn that is. Smooch!



Third. I can't wait to show you my "Homeschooler Picture Day" pictures. You can see a few of them on my crib tales photography Facebook page - click here.

2 comments:

mindyrn said...

it IS okay to personify your MacBook. Mine is named Cali (as in ExCALIbur) and she is like a friend and not just some computer. Congrats on Mac!

Tales from the Crib said...

:-) Cute!!