A few things.
First. I made this last night with ingredients I had on hand. How awesome is that? Very. It was yummy. The boys did not eat one single bit. I ate two bowls worth. My scale was down 2 lbs this morning. Coincidence? I think not.
Turkey Rice Soup with Tomotaoes
A turkey rice soup recipe for the crockpot, with tomatoes, carrots, celery, and cooked turkey.
- 4 cups turkey broth, or chicken
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup diced or matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or less if using purchased broth
- 1 to 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- (I added a liberal dash of poultry seasonings, a bit more Kosher salt, and a lot of ground pepper.)
Preparation: In a crockpot or slow cooker, combine turkey broth with tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, rice, and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. Add the diced turkey; cover and cook an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Second. I have a new baby and his name is Mac. He is precious. I love him. My husband thinks I'm crazy for personifying an inanimate object. He doesn't have "womanly" hormones so he can think that. I know that the love in my heart is real. And I thank him for getting it for me. I love him, too. Shawn that is. Smooch!
Third. I can't wait to show you my "Homeschooler Picture Day" pictures. You can see a few of them on my crib tales photography Facebook page - click here.