Saturday, April 24, 2010

Patio Chair Make-Over


Recently I was at JoAnn's scouring their bargain rolls of fabric. I wanted some Sunbrella fabric to recover our outdoor patio chairs. They have had a good life - 4 years and still going strong. But they are faded and have some stains, so I decided to cover them rather than buy new. I got the idea from one of my favorite decorating blogs, Centsational Girl. She planned to use Velcro to recover her chairs for easy washing, but used safety pins as a last minute resort. I loved the idea -- easy to do, and also easy for me to wash if they get dirty. Win-win!

Oh yeah, back to the fabric. I found this gorgeous pink and green Sunbrella fabric (meaning it is safe for outdoor use) for 1/2 off of the already discounted price of $6 a yard - so 3.5 yards of fabric for around $10! Score! I then simply wrapped each cushion like a present, and strategically safety pinned it underneath in various placed. I did four chairs, lickety-split. It really was super easy, and the punch of color greets me every day - I love it! They are getting a lot of use now that the weather is turning nice (except for the freaky snow storm that is hitting us as I type!)!

chair cushion and fabric
measured and cut to fit
folding and pinning
final pinning from the under side
tight corner wrap
finished cushion
the pair out front
seal of approval!

3 comments:

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I love that fabric. And it looks amazing with your white chairs. Great overall look. I really love it!

I'd love for you to share this at my party this Thursday!

www.houseofhepworths.com

xoxo

Mel said...

Very pretty fabric and it looks great with the white chairs.

I'm inspired.

Tales from the Crib said...

thanks for stopping by!