Monday, June 07, 2010

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day...


Right now my boys are pretending not so well that they are having "quiet time." I decreed, on this, the first day of summer vacation, that we would have quiet time from 1-2pm every afternoon of summer.  They balked. I demanded.  I've yelled up empty warnings three times now.  Pretty sure it ain't gonna happen.  But I'm trying, and that counts for something.

Despite Jackson still having a lingering wheeze, I took the boys to the pool today.  We all needed to get out and enjoy the sun a little.  I use sunscreen religiously, but I do like a little golden to my skin.  Makes me look thinner ;-)  My goal by the end of the summer is to have Jackson going down the big slide at our pool.  He has 2 months of summer before school starts, so we have a ways to go in a short period of time.  He has to be able to swim the length of the slide pool and back again before he's allowed to hit the slide.  Today he showed remarkable perseverance in attempting to swim.  He tackles it just like he did learning to ride his bike and to skate - he practices over and over and over again, to the point of exhaustion... and success.  I think the swimming thing is going to take a bit longer than the bike or the skates though.  Watch for updates.

Days like today really make me appreciate being a stay at home mama.  Some days I'm not feeling it as much, but today, I am 100% there.  Thanks honey, for allowing me the chance to be with our boys during this brief period of their lives.  I'm beyond fortunate, I know that much is true.  

And now, of course, photos...

1 comment:

Beki said...

We're instituting "quiet" time as well. My rule is door closed, and you have start out in your bed to read a few books. So far we're about 25% successful in a short nap. =)