Friday, August 20, 2010

No more excuses

I don't know what to say.  The blog just isn't a priority for me right now, and for some crazy reason I feel guilty about it.  I have loads to say.  Just no time to say it.  Trying to balance being a good mommy, wife, friend, photographer, school volunteer, daughter, sister, etc, etc, etc. It used to be that writing here was my catharsis for all the craziness that encompassed my day.  You can't know the world of a stay-at-home-parent until you are one.  Just like you can't know the world of a work-outside-the-home-parent until you are one.  Both have their challenges.  But when I was a full time working mama I had my office-mate Jetter to talk to and share my world with, and a dozen other awesome work mates to share lunch and a chat and of course, the work load.  I certainly have dear friends now, in this mommy-world I'm in, but at the end of the day it was my blog that caught my words and emotions.  I was too spent.  But now it seems photography is my catharsis, as I've seen too many midnights come and go in the past few weeks, and not because I have a newborn in my house or a sick child, but because I have portraits to edit and life to catch up on and boys to raise, and that is exactly where I want to be right now.

So I'll be taking a break from the blog for awhile.  I'm not sure if I'll come back to it or not.  It has been a good, fun 4 years.  And if you do read this blog I thank you for coming into our lives for the ride.  And especially to my family who uses the blog to catch up on our world from afar.  Thanks for reading, commenting and being a part of this little world of ours.

Feel free to catch up with me over at the crib tales photography blog (I love to read your comments!), or the crib tales photography Facebook page!!

Until we meet again...

6 comments:

jimbroome said...

I will miss your blog dear Amy.
Love you,
O.P.

Tales from the Crib said...

Thank you Dad. I'll post updates on Facebook and of course will call!! xox

Ali said...

i'm proud of you for knowing how to prioritize; and knowing how much is too much.

if you try to do it ALL there will be nothing left for YOU. but, if you ever decide to come back... we'll be waiting.

Pikette said...

Good for you! ....now we have to see each other more often!:) Best Day EVER! :)

Clover said...

Aww...I'm sad. But I get it! Good for you. :)

Tales from the Crib said...

thanks all who responded here and via emails or FB. I'm really touched by such nice words. Best of luck to all my fellow bloggers!!