Thursday, September 09, 2010

All by myself...

After 5 years as a stay at home mama (you'll remember I worked full time the first year of Jackson's life) today was THE first time (IN FIVE YEARS) that I went shopping, for myself, by myself, on a random weekday morning.  It was only Kohl's.  I need pants like a fish needs water.  But I was by myself! Did I mention that?? FIVE years!!!  It was quiet and lovely and I got to try on clothes in a real dressing room without a small child poking my jiggly belly between changes.  Then I bought a coffee.  By myself.  And then I got my eye brows waxed.  By myself.  And my lip waxed (have I ever mentioned I'm 1/4 middle eastern?  I need a lip wax to combat that so don't be judging.)  And even though my eyes teared up (from the waxing, not from sending my children off to school), it was totally worth it.  Then I pulled into the preschool parking lot and watched my son, undetected, playing on the playground with his schoolmates.  I have the best gig in the world.

2 comments:

Pikette said...

Selfishly I am so glad you are back!:) Good for you for doing something ALONE!:) It is heaven...no?! Shall we set up a time to meet now that we are both foot loose and fancy free!!!????

Tales from the Crib said...

YES! I SOOOO owe you a call! I'm so bad on the phone. Let's plan a coffee asap...or Crave on Sunday ;-)