Monday, September 13, 2010

lair o' the bear

We didn't see any bears or lairs.  But we did see lots of people, dogs, bikes and wildflowers.  The leaves haven't changed yet, so no images of golden, red, and orange leaves to make you j.e.a.l.o.u.s. of where we live.  Just know that where we live is about as purty as it comes.  Can't wait for the leaves to start changing... 

My little sister (who, by the way, is pregnant with her first baby - a boy - right this very minute!) keeps telling me she's shocked when she hears or see pictures of me in outdoorsy situations.  She's right to be shocked.  I'm a pretty girly-girl.  I don't like to sweat.  I don't like dirt. I always carry hand sanitizer.  But I'm also the girl who backpacked across Europe and stayed in less than savory hostels and made do with dirty jeans and unwashed hair for days on end.  I'm also the girl who moved to the Pacific Northwest at the oh so tender age of 23 where it is practically mandatory that you own fleece, gortex, and either a snowboard or a bike or both.  I'm also the girl who gave birth to two rough and tumble little boys who love being outside and catching bugs and slugs and snakes and toads.  I'm also the girl who discovered, quite shockingly, that photography was my passion and more so, outdoor, natural light photography that takes me to parks and lakes and walking paths and just about any place that will provide a gorgeous scene for a lovely family. And I'm the girl who has a big boy (and eventually another boy) who attends an awesome (public!) school that places a huge emphasis on adventure education and working as a crew - which means hikes and camping trips and gear and more gortex and fleece and eventually, yes, snowshoes.   So, thus, this is me, behind the lens, capturing what has become an even more familiar sight in my world - being outside, the gorgeous out doors, hanging with my awesome, rugged men.








No comments: