Monday, January 24, 2011

365 - 1/24/11


January 24, 2011
Starbucks Storytime
Where everybody knows your name...

Our local Starbucks (we have 2 in our quaint town, but this one is definitely more "family friendly") has storytime twice a week.  We LOVE storytime at the 'buck!  Holden gets a story, a snack and a craft.  Mommy gets a lovely hot Americano with half-n-half and a chance to chat with friends and even make new friends (I met my dear friend Lynn at storytime a week after she moved to Colorado -- turns out she lives about half a mile from us and our kiddos have a great time together)!  The folks at this particular Starbucks know us by name, even Holden.  They know his drink order even - kid's cocoa, 100 degrees, no whip.  I keep telling them I want them to put his order on the menu and call it "The Holden." They haven't done so yet, but I'm sure its in the works!  I love having a place to go with him where we are both welcome and always with a smile and a "how are you guys doing?!" exclamation.  It is the kind of thing that makes living in our small town even more delightful.  Sure Starbucks is a behemoth empire but having lived in Seattle through its initial boom, it still feels like a great neighborhood spot to me.  And it definitely has become for us a place where everybody knows our name. Love that!

No comments: