Tuesday, February 08, 2011

365 - 2/8/11

February 8, 2011
New Brand
Ok, not a photo, but a new logo for crib tales photography! I'm so excited about it I can hardly stand it.  The former marketing-muffin in me is shining through!  This past weekend I stumbled upon a designer who creates logos targeted at photographers.  She makes several at a time and then sells them first come first serve.  I perused her stuff - fantastic really - and came upon this one and my heart skipped a beat.  It was perfection - vintage but fresh, quaint but classic.  Until I noticed the "sold" written next to it.  I was crushed.  I emailed the designer to ask her a question about compatibility and mentioned that the logo I really liked was already sold.  She asked which one it was and I told her this one.  As it happens the person who bought this logo decided on a different one, but usually the designer doesn't do returns.  In fact, she had never had anyone attempt to return a logo before.  She asked if the buyer was still wanting to return it so I could purchase it - and she did!  Kismet!  And two days later it is all mine.  It feels like Christmas and my birthday all wrapped up in one.  This is exactly what I had been wanting and just didn't know how to personify.  She nailed my brand to a T, and I'm so so happy this sweet boy and girl silhouette is mine.  I'll be doing a ton of updating on the website, blog, facebook, business cards, postcards, etc, etc.  I am so ready to take my business and my brand to the next level!

No comments: