Saturday, April 16, 2011

House Rules

I have some new blog-love going on  -- Jones Design Company.  Emily is an uber-talented designer who is also a full time Mama to 4 darling kiddos and wears the cutest, most with-it outfits ever.  I sorta kinda want to be like her (except the 4 kids thing - I'm good with 2, for reals).  A couple of days ago she posted an adorable print of her house rules (which she sells on her site, btw) and I knew I had to copy it (sincerest form of flattery and all).

We have had a list of "house rules" up on our refrigerator for about a year now.  Last year I gathered the boys together and asked them to help me draw up our house rules.  I intended for it to be a fun way for us to establish, once and for all, the rules of our home.  The boys really got into it -- as you can tell from the last rule of the bunch (for the record, Uncle Al had just broken out in a poison-ivy rash a couple of days prior and obviously it left a strong impression on the boys).  On occasion when the boys are acting out I will proclaim "What house rule is being broken?!" It sort of (sometimes) breaks up a tantrum or an argument and helps restore peace and harmony to our home once again (again, sometimes, I make no claims that my house is in any way continuously peaceful and/or harmonious - let's get real here, ok?!).  So I took our tattered list of house rules and printed up a design similar to Emily's on my favorite papers.

And so, without further ado, I present...The House Rules:

3 comments:

The Mommy Therapy said...

This is adorable.

I would be embarrassed to even show you the ridiculous marker covered list of rules we have hanging around. I must do this!

Damn my lack of crafty skills. I had been thinking my use of different colored markers was really stepping up the rules a notch. Apparently not.

I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Tales from the Crib said...

Oh we had the same marker covered list as well - it was time to pretty it up! My handwriting skills are poor so the only way I could make it pretty was electronically! ha! Thanks for stopping by!

folding bed said...

thanks for sharing your best memories, your blog and photo album is amazing....keep the good work.
natural mattress