Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thank you Ms Char

Dear Ms Char
Thank you. My words to you can never be enough, but I will try.  Thank you for teaching not just one of our boys but both of them. As Holden's last day of preschool snuck up on me I realize what a great impact you have had on our family.  And especially this year for Holden.  Thank you for always sharing your smile and your kind heart.  Thank you for listening to him and understanding him and helping him through whatever he was going through - even when Mommy didn't understand.  Remember when he kept complaining that he got "dizzy" during clean up time? I thought that sounded like a little boy who didn't want to clean up, but not you.  You recognized his feelings and understood that clean up time did actually make him dizzy - he couldn't figure out what he was supposed to clean up so he's go from thing to thing in total confusion. You helped him figure out how to focus on one task at a time and he no longer is dizzy when he cleans up.  You respected him, and for that I thank you.  Thank your helping him love school, learning, playing and friendships.  Thank you for teaching him Zoophonics because with that lesson you have taught him how to read and by teaching him to read you have opened the world up to him.  Thank you for praising him always.  For redirecting him when he wasn't sure the best choice to make.  Thank you for showing him how a chrysalis becomes a butterfly.  Thank you for teaching him the word chrysalis.  Thank you for teaching him to love music, singing, dancing and rhyming.  Thank you for giving him boundaries.  Thank you for letting him explore.  Thank you for loving him almost as much as we do.  

And thank you, most of all, for pulling me aside today, and telling me how wonderful he is.  And not just him, but both of my boys.  And thank you, thank you, thank you for telling me I've done a good job with raising them.  That filled my heart with so much joy that you can't possibly understand, and on a day that I think I really needed to hear it.  You brought tears to my eyes, and not just in that moment, but all day today your words have echoed in my ears and filled me up.  Some days I truly desperately need to hear those words.  I think every mother does.  So thank you for that - I will hold onto it as a precious gift.  You have been a blessing not just to their lives but to mine as well.  



2 comments:

The Mommy Therapy said...

Sounds like you had a great teacher. It's life altering for our little ones to have a teacher that appreciates and is patient with them.

And there is nothing like hearing supportive and encouraging words about the job we are doing with our kids, amazing feeling.

Tales from the Crib said...

We did, absolutely, luck out in the teacher department! And as my Mama told me (who is a retired teacher) - teachers always love to hear words of encouragement as well! Everyone go out and thank a teacher they love!