Friday, June 10, 2011

Did I Tell You?

My hubs rode his first century ride last weekend.  He was supposed to do his first one last year but there were major fires near Boulder, where the ride was to be held, so they had to cancel it.  He had trained for months for that ride.  So he registered this year for the Castle Rock Subaru Elephant Rock ride.  He hadn't intended to do a full 100 miles when he registered, or even when he left the house at 5 am that morning.  He planned to do 62 miles (which let's be clear, is a whole helluva lot of miles to ride), but then called me from the road and said "Hey hon, decided to go ahead and  do the 100 - won't be done until 4!" oooookkkkkkk....that's a major butt kicking if you ask me.  And he hardly trained, for reals. He rode his bike to work twice the week prior - that was his training.  Insane.  We went  out to the fairground to cheer him on as he crossed the finish line.  My camera totally fritzed out on me (dammit, that has NEVER happened to me before!), so I missed capturing the finish, but I gotta tell you, I totally choked up as he rode across the line.  I have never been more proud of him - ever.  He rode a HUNDRED MILES!!!  On his bike! (not in a car!)  That is seriously major stuff.

So honey, just know, as I proclaim it to the entire world wide web - I AM SO FREAKING PROUD OF YOU!!!  And I love you.  Positively, absolutely, indubitably...


No comments: