Wednesday, August 10, 2011

This kid started 2nd grade last week.  Seriously.  2nd Grade!  
His teacher is Ms. Hanni (his school calls everyone by first name), and she is sweet and smart and beautiful and kind.  The perfect combination for a teacher if you ask me!  He thinks she's the bees-knees (my words, not his), and he's thrilled to be back with his friends paling around and having fun and learning.  Apparently he thinks the spelling homework for 2nd grade is for the birds (my words, not his -- what's with the animal analogies?), but he's a smarty-pants so I don't think spelling is going to give him a problem anyway.  His biggest dilemma so far is -- buying lunch or taking lunch in his transformers lunchbox.  Ahhh, to be 7.




And just for the record, it wasn't so long ago when this was his first day of daycare...


...man, who IS that girl?? She looks about 12.  A 12 year old with a baby.  And baby weight.  But still, 12 I tell ya.  Oh yeah, and I sure do miss that house...

No comments: